SEE Manual in the Information Box on the left
Advanced socket tester with loop check, RCD and mains polarity
Socket polarity test
SKU: LOOPCHECK 107
The electrical safety council recommend the use of advanced socket testers, the LOOPCHECK 107 goes one step further…
Standard socket testers – checks the wiring configuration at the socket but cannot tell if there is a neutral/earth swap!
2. Though a standard socket tester indicates whether the socket connections are correctly positioned, it cannot tell you if your earth connections are safe! The LOOPCHECK 107 conducts an earth loop test to indicate the quality of the earth loop.
3. If your mains polarity has been switched at the incomer, your standard socket tester cannot indicate this as the voltage difference between the plug pins are the same. By touching the test pad the LOOPCHECK 107 can indicate this very dangerous situation!
4. 30mA RCD test.
And that’s why the LOOPCHECK 107 is the most advanced socket tester on the market.
Checks the quality of the earthing that is essential for safe installations
Correct socket outlet wiring check
Checks for the polarity of the mains supply
Checks RCDs with measured current
Bright LED indication
Audible tone indication
This socket tester checks the important parameters
for safe wiring, it places a cost effective solution in
the hands of many more users at the front end of
responsibility and care.
Traditional socket testers check for the correct
polarity at the socket outlet under test. They can tell
if the earth path is missing but cannot check whether
the path is of good enough quality to be safe.
The loop check 107 does.
Operation is easy. After being inserted in to a socket
it will automatically run a wiring check, green LEDs
will light and a continuous tone indicate a satisfactory
result. Any faults will be highlighted by red and
orange LEDs and a warble tone. The LEDs are
positioned to represent the polarity of the pins. This
gives another quick visual indication of where the
Having determined the socket polarity is good the
tester will then test for the quality of the earth loop.
This test is conducted at mains frequency. One of
three different colour LEDs will light indicating the
condition of the earth loop return path.
The Loop check 107 also has the ability to check
for the correct polarity of the mains supply. If this
is wrong then a very hazardous situation exists. By
touching the left hand touch pad the correct polarity
of the mains supply is verified. The right-hand test
button puts out a measured tripping current to check
the operation of 30mA RCDs.
LOOPCHECK 107 -
Advanced socket tester from Kewtech
• Checks correct socket outlet wiring
• Checks the quality of the earthing that
is essential for safe installations
• Checks for the polarity of the mains
• Checks RCDs with measured current